Sunday, October 31, 2010

Time flies

This blog is now four years old. As I look at it I can see that the template is ancient, the readership is modest, my links are massively out of date and don't include some favourite sites, and as for the Roxio rankings - they are down from 200 to 2,000. I am trying to concentrate my efforts on more serious writing and am posting more infrequently as I find myself running out of conversations that I would like to have via this media.

So, I have a decision to make. Either there will shortly be a revamp or I will allow this distinctly weird habit to fade away. If you see a flash new template here in a bit, I will be continuing. If not, it's been fun.

12 comments:

Rabelais said...

Peter,
I'd be sorry to see this blog. I visit regularly and should probably comment more.

Hope you take the revamp option.

Rabelais said...

Sorry that should read: I'd be sorry to see this blog go.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I always thought that blogs are mostly for regulars. I say ditto to the previous speaker's sentiment.

Rankings? Who needs them steenking rankings?

Anonymous said...

I too visit more often that I comment! I would be very sad to see this blog vanish.

Will said...

Give it up

Blogs are for dicks.

As for fuckwitts who comment at bleRgS...

Anonymous said...

Refresh and continue! Post more often!

NicoleS said...

Don't go. The design is fine anyway, and to paraphrase Snoopy, rankings schmankings. It's we the discerning who count, even if we don't comment often. Poor show on our part, though.

Brigada Flores Magon said...

I'd hate to see you disappear.

Anton Deque said...

It's your choice Peter. I do not feel regular postings should be an issue. And who will be there to annoy Will? (Everyone ...)

Overtired and emotional said...

Darling, please don't go! The night is young....

The Plump said...

The night is young....

And I am enormous.*

The only one here with any sense is Will. I shall ignore him - probably. Watch this space.

*Reference here

Roger said...

I would really miss it - for instance I would never have heard of John Mackay if it hadn't been for one of your recent posts.

And then there was the whole Mahler tempo thing which introduced me to Mengelberg's performances.

And re site rankings I only read it and most other blogs via RSS in Google - does that even register?